Spring/Summer 2013 Event, Festival, and Activity Highlights in Gulfport, Florida
4th of July in Gulfport, Florida is a day you won't want to miss!
Aquamania - Pro Hydro X Tour
Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7, 2013
Gulfport Beach Waterfront
5730 Shore Blvd. S.
Gulfport, FL 33707
Hosted by the Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce this event will feature a Jet Ski Competition and water themed contests.
19th Annual Springfest - April 27
Saturday, April 27 ~ 10 am to 8 pm
5501 27th Ave. S.
Gulfport, FL 33707
New this 19th year, organizers have added a Faerie theme.
In order to create themed, woodland, faerie tale ambiance, the event will move this year to the City’s 7.5 acre complex known as Clymer Park.
Gulfport Art Walks (First Friday and Third Saturday every month)
Friday, March 1, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Saturday, March 16, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Friday, April 5, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Saturday, April 20, 20132 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Friday, May 3, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Friday, June 7, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Saturday, June 15, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Friday, July 5, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Saturday, July 20, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Friday, August 2, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Saturday, August 17, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Friday, September 6, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Saturday, September 14, 2013 from 6:00 pm until 10:00 pm
Every Tuesday from 9:00 am until 3:00 pm
What's in Gulfport?
Gulfport Chamber of Commerce
Click Here for Gulfport Gecko Fest
...a whimsical combination of a family-oriented Mardi Gras,
Renaissance Faire, and British Loony Party gone Gecko in Gulfport, Florida.
Gulfport's Get Rescued
...is a festival, in downtown Gulfport Florida which offers all
animal rescue groups an opportunity to showcase their rescue and raise much needed funds.
Gulfport YouTube Videos
See All Gulfport Has to Offer!
Gulfport Photo Gallery
Great Places to shop, dine and just enjoy in Gulfport…
Social and Ballroom Dancing
5501 Shore Blvd.
Social and Ballroom Dancing
7:00-10:00 p.m Live music by Sig Harder Orchestra. $6
11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Social and ballroom dance lessons. $2
1:00-3:30 p.m. Live music by Johnny Angelo and Redcoats. $3
7:00-8:00 p.m. Swing Dance Lessons
8:00-midnight D.J. and dancing. $7
7:00-8:00 Dance Lessons
8:00-10:30 D.J. and dancing. $6
The last Monday of Every Month:
6:30-10:30 p.m. U.S. Amateur Ballroom Dance Association. $7
Bars and Restaurants in Gulfport, FL
Gulfport Restaurant Slide show Here
Gulfport Restaurants include:
- Backfin Blue Cafe - Historic Waterfront District (Dinner)
- Seafood and Pasta entrees that people drive for hours to come for dinner. Indoor and patio seating.
- Fazios Pizza and Subs - 58th Street South (Lunch, Dinner, and Delivery)
- New York Style Pizzeria, serving calzones, strombolis, subs, salads, Italian dinners, wings, and more.
- George's Grill - 49th Street South (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Soul food, burgers, fries, and daily specials. "Warning - This Food has Flavor!" Great breakfast deals daily. Indoor seating.
- Gulfport Cafe - Townshores (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Home of the Gulfport wrap, famous for our 3 egg omelets, sausage gravy and biscuits and the best cup of coffee in town
- Gulfport Family Restaurant - 49th Street South (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Real home cooking in a traditional diner setting since 1948. Indoor seating.
- Habana Cafe - Gulfport Blvd. (Lunch and Dinner)
- Authentic Cuban food with an upstairs Art Gallery featuring original Audubon Prints and other Fine Artist works. Indoor seating.
- Hong Kong - Gulfport Blvd (Lunch and Dinner)
- Everything you would normally expect to find including noodles, egg rolls and beef and chicken dishes, all at affordable prices.
- Island Flavors and Tings - 49th Street South (Lunch, Dinner, and Catering)
- Caribbean food with a true "Island" atmosphere. "Come and See us Mon'." Indoor seating.
- Isabelles - Historic Waterfront District (Lunch and Dinner)
- Isabelle's stands alone as one of the best places to eat for Classic Southern Cuisine. Chef Bernie inspires all with such old time favorites as the signature dish "Fried Green Tomatoes" or the sumptuous Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Cheddar Cheese Grits. Indoor, patio, and front porch seating.
- La Cote Basque and Wine Bar - Historic Waterfront District (Dinner)
- This intimate and quaint restaurant has been serving the finest in French and Continental cuisine, in a cozy country French atmosphere for over 30 years. Indoor seating.
- Neptune Grill - Historic Waterfront District (Lunch and Dinner)
- Best for Greek dining and always fresh seafood entrees. Neptune's has earned respect as a special place with locals and visitors who dine here. Indoor and outdoor seating with a view.
- O' Maddy's Bar and Grill - On the Waterfront (Lunch and Dinner)
- A local's favorite with amazing daily specials by Wade, the chef. "Five Star dining where shorts and t-shirts are welcome." Indoor, deck, and sidewalk seating with a beautiful view of the Williams Pier and Boca Ciega Bay.
- Pacos Tacos - Historic Waterfront District (Lunch and Dinner)
- Authentic HOMEMADE Mexican Food to Gulfport.
Four Chica's are opening a casual dining experience with a menu that
will make your taste buds scream.
- Peg's Cantina and Brew Pub - Historic Waterfront District (Lunch on weekends and Dinner)
- Award winning Gulfport G.O.O.D. Beer home brew and fresh Mexican and other entrees. Peg's is popular dining and beer tasting destination with visitors to Gulfport. Indoor, deck, and patio seating.
- Pia's Trattoria Pasta and Panini Cafe - Historic Waterfront District (Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner)
- Delicious healthy creations in a beautiful European atmosphere. Indoor, patio, and sidewalk seating in one of Gulfport's most beautiful buildings.
- Salty's Gulfport - On the Waterfront (Drinks and Cocktails)
- Enjoy sipping on your favorite cocktail on the outdoor, waterfront patio while watching the sunset, perhaps catch some live music on the outdoor stage and play some cornhole in our sand bar area. The patio is completely dog friendly, on leash, as long as your dog is well behaved with others. We are a full service bar serving beer, wine and liquor. We do not serve foodhowever, we have food delivery from some of Gulfport’s local restaurants.
- Six Tables Fine Dining - Historic Waterfront District (Dinner)
- The renowned Zagat Survey rates their food as extraordinary (26) and their service as near perfection (28), a distinction unsurpassed in metro Tampa/St. Petersburg. Indoor seating, only six tables.
- Smokin' J's BBQ - Gulfport Blvd (Lunch and Dinner)
- Very popular "Real Texas BBQ" for take out, they now offer a uniquely decorated dining experience inside. Indoor and outdoor seating.
- Stellas Deli - Historic Waterfront District (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Comfortable sidewalk cafe with great prices. Relax while you enjoy your meal and dogs are welcome here too. Indoor and sidewalk seating.
- T and Me Tea Company - Historic Waterfront District (Breakfast and Lunch)
- An amazing menu planned that will include fresh fruit hand rolls, rice bowls w/avocado and/or seasonal fruit, amazing fusion style creations and tapas style munchies.
- Tangelos Grille - Historic Waterfront District (Lunch and Dinner)
- Colorful island atmosphere with great Cuban sandwiches and delicious entrees along with microbrews on tap. Indoor, patio, and sidewalk seating.
- Village Pub - On the Waterfront (Lunch and Dinner)
- Gulfport's English Pub with traditional meals and beer on tap. Indoor and deck seating with a view of the playground, beach and Boca Ciega Bay.
- Yummy's In Gulfport - Historic Waterfront District (Lunch and Dinner)
- Chicago style food and Vienna Beef hot dogs and Blue Bell ice cream. Indoor and outdoor seating.
Peninsula Inn and Spa
This Grand hotel has been recently renovated to capture the old world charm and ambience of a British Colonial Inn. “Six Tables” fine dining restaurant is house at the Inn .
Shopping and Galleries in Gulfport, FL
Art Village Courtyard
Unique beach boutique
Domain Home Accessories
A fabulous and affordable collection of unusual items for the home.
Small Adventures Book Shop
There is nothing that this book shop doesn't have.
Reef Dog Grooming and Gifts
More Great Places in Gulfport, FL
The Art of Massage
When your muscles really need to be fully worked, we are here for you. Deep Pressure Specialists.
Auntie Lynda’s Pet Sitting
Where experience, compassion and care meet life's precious companions...
Bay Breeze Salon
Hair and nail care
The Blueberry Patch
Bring your imagination to life!
Complexions Day Spa offers many spa services such as mobile massage, nails, facials, bridal makeup, and waxing hair removal in a tranquil day spa environment.
Face It Facial Gallery
Facial center and art gallery filled with mosaics, collages, jewelry and collectible items.
Gulfport’s Fresh Market takes place each Tuesday year-round from 9AM to 3PM on Beach Blvd. in Gulfport’s Waterfront District. Over 20 vendors offer fresh fruits and vegetables, teas, fresh bread and cheese, seafood, herbs and plants, pet treats, local art and crafts, hand-crafted jewelry, gifts and much more. Live music is featured each week. The Fresh Market is an uplifting gathering of locals and visitors, providing food for the body and community spirit for the soul.
The Longhouse on 49th Street
The Longhouse is a community well-being centre dedicated to empowering individuals on their healing path and provides a community meeting and gathering room that hosts a variety of workshop, classes and community activities. The "Common Ground" calendar is put together each season (four times/year) You can see the complete listing on the calendar of events page here.
Perfect 10 Nail Salon
Thai Rific Florist
We have an assortment of fresh cut and potted orchids imported directly from Thailand every week
Arts & the Theater in Gulfport, FL
Catherine Hickman Theater
The Catherine A. Hickman Theater of Gulfport is a new state-of-the art performing arts theater with superb acoustics, comfortable seating and an intimate setting that all can enjoy.
Tampa Bay's Musical Theatre Company
Gulfport Community Players
City of Imagination
Dedicated to bringing the finest the arts have to offer to Gulfport.
Industrial Arts Center
An innovative teaching facility in Gulfport, Florida housing artists, studio space and teaching space.
Florida Orange Groves and Winery
The winery is open for tours and tasting's daily.
Gulfport Historical Museum
The primary purpose of the Gulfport Public Library is to provide materials, information and services to meet the educational, recreational, cultural and social needs of our diverse community, to support lifelong learning and to enhance services through the sharing of resources with the larger library community.
Pinellas Trail Guide
It began as a vision in 1983. A man whose son was killed while riding his bike, helped form the Pinellas County Metropolitan Planning Organizations Bicycle Advisory Committee, consisting of bicycle enthusiasts.
Nature, Boating and Biking in and around Gulfport, FL
Florida Birding Trail
Clam Bayou Nature Park
Boca Ciega Yacht Club
Boyd Hill Nature Preserve
Egmont Key & Shell Island Snorkeling Day Trips
Florida Birding Festival
Gulfport Yacht Club
Kayak rentals, tours & adventures in nature! Kayak Florida, St. Petersburg, Gulfport & Florida Beaches. Your Kayak Nature Adventure begins here... today!
Sailing with Captain Josie
Your sailing personal trainer
Sunsail Sailing Florida Yacht Charters
An hour - a day- a week...
Long Term Rentals in Gulfport...
If you would like an extended stay for two weeks or more in Gulfport I recommend the following rentals:
Vacation Rentals by Owner
Gulfport Area Chamber of Commerce
Gulfport Merchants Association
49th Street South Business Association